Tracking pixels let you send impression and conversion data to your favorite analytics services such as Google Analytics, Facebook, Mixpanel, and others. MailMunch lets you put 2 types of tracking pixels for each form.
- View Pixel These are triggered when a visitor views your form.
- Subscribe Pixel These are triggered when a visitor successfully subscribes to your form. You can also pass in subscriber's email address by typing [EMAIL].
What Should I Put In Tracking Pixels?
All valid tracking pixel codes are usually <script></script>, <img> or <iframe> tags. Here is an example for Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics Example Click here to learn more about Google Analytics event tracking. If you want to track a form view or subscription in Google Analytics, it will look something like this.
- View Pixel Paste the following in the view pixel text box. You can change the values such as 'View Form' or 'Popup' to what you like. These are used to categorize data in Google Analytics. <script> ga('send', 'event', 'MailMunch', 'View Form', 'Popup'); </script>
- Subscribe Pixel Paste the following in the subscribe pixel text box. <script> ga('send', 'event', 'MailMunch', 'Subscribe', 'Popup'); </script>
Similarly, you will find event tracking pixels for all popular services such as Facebook, Mixpanel, Intercom, etc.